Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 123
This time of year

Thread: This time of year

Forum Helper - Moderator

This time of year

I will warn you in advance that I am feeling particularly sad this time of year. I have just had a tough Christmas were Sam was pretty much upset and irritated the whole time. I had much hope for a happy Christmas, but was confronted with our tough reality. Its heartbreaking to watch your baby suffer, to watch him struggle just to get to his feet, let alone make a dozen steps without falling down. Its hard to see him cough when his food is just a little lumpy. Its hard to watch him watching the children play knowing he wishes he was playing too. I have to say I hate this time of year. For all the the rush and chaos of working to the last minute, shopping like crazy and trying to make Christmas perfect, its just not fair. This time of year I ask more and more why? Its so cruel. To say I'm hoping for a better year I am, I'm still praying for a miracle, I just wish for once my prayers were answered.
    Annmarie Gauci, Mum to
    Sam, 8 with MPSIIIA
    Little brother Tom, 5 just cheeky

Forum Committee - Moderator
    Annmarie, I totally understand you feelings. I think this is one the first Christmas' for us that I did not even get a smile from Jesse. We have dealt with all the things you are mentioning off and on for 4 or 5 years now, but we still managed to get those smiles. This year.. NONE.. I have not given up hope to see a few. I know for him it is a pain issue right now. don't give up hope. God is there! Sometimes we need to ask for wisdom and not necessarily miracles. I find that most times I get better answers from the up high when I go to him with thanks and ask for wisdom for particular things.

I will be praying that God gives you that wisdom too to get stabilization and smiles back as well.
    God never gives me more than I can handle, though at times I wish the load was lighter :-)
    Love to you all!

Patty and Jesse
    MPS III A

http://www.caringbridge.org/md/myjesse < click here for Jesse's website

Forum Helper - Moderator
    thanks Patty Hope you see some smiles too
    Annmarie Gauci, Mum to
    Sam, 8 with MPSIIIA
    Little brother Tom, 5 just cheeky