Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 123

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Lovi 360 Junior cups

Thread: Lovi 360 Junior cups

Lovi 360 Junior cups

Maria posted these on Facebook, and thought I would share there here also.

If it is a beverage, Nadia will most likely run toward it. When she's done, she will usually set (read: drop) the cup down wherever; on the bed, on the couch, on the floor... little rascal. She also has broken quite a few mugs already.

But these seem to be great. The have a little silicone gasket to help keep liquids in - they aren't spill proof, but a little leak is better than the entire cup contents. They have to learn how to drink from it (tip it like a regular cup, but the also need to suck a little). It took Nadia about 1 minute to figure it out. Also, after she has finished drinking she will still walk around sucking on the lips of the cup.

I did a search for these, and could only find them on Amazon UK, but maybe they are located State-side also.

Tony M.
    Richmond, Virginia (English speaker)
    ---or----
    Maria M. Mother to Nadia (Age 5, MPS-III A)
    Szczecinek, Poland (Polish speaker)

"Don't count the days; make the days count."

Forum Helper - Moderator
    That looks awesome. We have yet to fine the perfect cup that does not leak. The valveless ones leak and the ones that have valves leak.

It doesn't help that our kids have the strength of Hercules so they throw the cup so hard the valves always work their way out.
    Tara

Mom to Hannah and Luke (9 - twins) unaffected and Jake (7) MPS IIIA

Forum Helper - Moderator
    I think I should buy these for myself!! LOL.
    Valerie Barnett

Steffany (06/29/95 to 02/26/11) MPSIIIA
    Stevie "BammBamm" (12/14/97 to 12/31/12) MPSIIIA

Forum Committee - Moderator
    These look absolutely ideal. Thanks for the pictures too.

It's actually strange with Daniel but he used to throw cups in earlier years, then he would drop them sometimes a couple of years ago but now I've found if I give him one of those toughened glass teacups that are shaped like a vase he holds onto these and sips away very happily for quite a while. He seems to savour drinking more these days.
    Lots of love and good wishes
    Elizabeth, Peter, Daniel (MPSIIIA born Jan 91) and Samuel (born Nov 93)and Anna Nigina (born Nov 01)
    'I shall not die, but live and tell of the works of the Lord' Psalm 118 v. 1
    Video about Daniel and Sanfilippo,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPG4w92RgbI
    Daniel's web site: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/danielschuepbach

I think this is appropriate for the thread

It is also funny to note, the line before this was "I do not understand how someone can eat a entire box of Pop-Tarts and still be hungry..." This sounds like MPS children to me.
    Tony M.
    Richmond, Virginia (English speaker)
    ---or----
    Maria M. Mother to Nadia (Age 5, MPS-III A)
    Szczecinek, Poland (Polish speaker)

"Don't count the days; make the days count."

Forum Helper - Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Schuepbach View Post
    These look absolutely ideal. Thanks for the pictures too.

It's actually strange with Daniel but he used to throw cups in earlier years, then he would drop them sometimes a couple of years ago but now I've found if I give him one of those toughened glass teacups that are shaped like a vase he holds onto these and sips away very happily for quite a while. He seems to savour drinking more these days.
    OMG, I can't imagine giving Jakey a glass to hold and drink out of!!!!!!!!
    Tara

Mom to Hannah and Luke (9 - twins) unaffected and Jake (7) MPS IIIA

Forum Committee - Moderator
    Those do look great! We always used straw cups with Logan, but I would have tried something like that when he was still able to use a cup.
    Robin
    Mom to Avery, 14 yrs
    ^^Logan^^, MPS II (6/14/03-3/15/15)
    and Kara, 9 yrs