Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 123
Anti cavity paste...

Thread: Anti cavity paste...

Forum Helper - Moderator

Anti cavity paste...

Well, we made it through a dentist appointment. And NO cavities this time. the dentist recommended MI Paste, he said that he believes it will really will help the spread of cavities, especially with Jack having enamel hypoplasia. Anyhow wanted to share!
    [MI Paste is a bio-available calcium and phosphate paste.]
    Jamie, mother to Jack (MPS II)

www.heresjack.com
    www.savejack.ca

We used it on Noah, or was supposed to. Every time I would put it in his mouth he would spit it right back out. I literally have to hold Noah down to clean his teeth. It is supposedly great stuff. When the mobile dentist comes to my work they prescribe it for some of our patients. For Noah, he just doesn't like the taste. Yukky.
    Julie Bevan

Mother to Noah 10 MPSIIIA.( diagnosed 15th July, 2010 ) Justin 27, Adam 24, Nicole 21, Mitchell 15, Joshua 13, Ella 8, Jack 7 all unaffected

Noahs' site at caringbridge.org (Noahbevan)

Forum Helper - Moderator
    Julie, Jack hates fruity flavors so we opted for vanilla spice ( ew ) and he is tolerating. Glad to hear its suppose to help, others swear by it. It's so hard to brush Jacks teeth, I'm hoping this extra measure will ensure we are protecting his teeth.

www.heresjack.com
    www.savejack.ca

Forum Committee - Moderator
    Great news! Do they put a seal on the teeth where you are? They do this for a lot of kids and especially people they think there is a danger of too much wear and tear here. It seems to really help. They did this while Daniel was asleep having his 4 wisdom teeth out, as well as cleaning and filling any little chips. It seems to have helped with brushing because he's nowhere near as sensitive even at the front now.
    Lots of love and good wishes
    Elizabeth, Peter, Daniel (MPSIIIA born Jan 91) and Samuel (born Nov 93)and Anna Nigina (born Nov 01)
    'I shall not die, but live and tell of the works of the Lord' Psalm 118 v. 1
    Video about Daniel and Sanfilippo,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPG4w92RgbI
    Daniel's web site: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/danielschuepbach

Yes it was the fruity one. That's possibly why. Should try the other flavour.
    We have sealants on Noah's and 2 of my other has it on as they grind their teeth at night.
    It sure helps.
    Julie Bevan

Mother to Noah 10 MPSIIIA.( diagnosed 15th July, 2010 ) Justin 27, Adam 24, Nicole 21, Mitchell 15, Joshua 13, Ella 8, Jack 7 all unaffected

Blog Entries
    I have the MI stuff in Mint; what about that flavor? Isnt to terribly strong..
    Erica J. Thiel
    MPS I Hurler-Scheier, Age 30
    "Life is A Journey with a Past, Present and Future, But for Now all we have is Today"
    www.rarelydefined.blogspot.com

Minty flavour sounds better. I didn't even look into if there were other flavours. It would be more like toothpaste, therefore Noah may tolerate it.
    Julie Bevan

Forum Helper - Moderator
    Last night Jack gagged on it thinking more in protest then disgust.

www.heresjack.com
    www.savejack.ca

Forum Committee - Moderator
    I've never heard of it. Is it something that has to be prescribed?
    ~ Kelly Waddell

Mom to:
    Caleb Allen (12/06/00)
    MPSI- Hurler; BMT (06/21/02)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder,and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!!

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/calebwaddell

Don't know in your country, but here we buy. it from the dental surgery
    Julie Bevan

Blog Entries
    It can be prescribed or buy it from dentist - I opted to just buy it and at most was $10. I also have some actual toothpaste that is good for enamel/teeth issues but will have to look what that is made by as I typically just use sensodyne and rotate in this other stuff here and there.
    Erica J. Thiel
    MPS I Hurler-Scheier, Age 30
    "Life is A Journey with a Past, Present and Future, But for Now all we have is Today"
    www.rarelydefined.blogspot.com

Forum Helper - Moderator
    Wills teeth are dreadful! I feel so guilty because he fights so much I give in and now two teeth have come in over his front teeth too! seeing the hospital dentist on THURS know she will be horrified-i ALWAYS ASK FOR THEM TO CLEAN HIS TEETH WHEN HE HAS AN ANESTHETIC BUT THEY RARELY DO!! AHHGGGG -Will ask her about this paste!
    Laura
    Mum to Will dx with MPS II and Lily!

'It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;what is essential is invisible to the eye' The Little Prince by Antoine De saint -Exupery

Forum Helper - Moderator
    Laurie, similar to your experience, our dentist is rarely available to clean Jacks teeth while under GA so Jacks teeth are always low priority unfortunately.
    Anyhow, went to new dentist, whom we love, and he had the paste at his office, $20 and should last 6 months. Jack hates it but if it prevents cavities we will continue to use!

www.heresjack.com
    www.savejack.ca