Thread: Another Question About Make A Wish

Forum Committee - Moderator ClbsMm2000's Avatar

Another Question About Make A Wish

It seems like there have been alot of posts about Make A Wish lately, so I'm adding to it.

Question for those who have done a trip. What does Make A Wish pay for? Caleb wants to go to Disney, and if possible, meet the Power Rangers. We're just wondering what out of pocket expenses we will have. Make A Wish is coming out to our house on Saturday to talk to Caleb.
    ~ Kelly Waddell

Mom to:
    Caleb Allen (12/06/00)
    MPSI- Hurler; BMT (06/21/02)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder,and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!!

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/calebwaddell

Retired Staff - Forum Advisor Sharon Cochenour's Avatar
    Make a wish paid for everything for our trip. We went right aftr 9-11 so they would not let us fly so they paid for a rental car and hotel expenses on the way including gas and meals. We stayed at Give kids the world so you don't pay for anything while you are there. They want you to eat breakfast and dinner there and then at the parks during the day to cut expenses. We also used our tickets for Sea World and went to the Hard Rock Cafe where they paid for our meals and we got t-shirts. Since the boys were so young we did not go to Universal Studios and donated those tickets back. At Give Kids the World they have a movie theater, putt putt golf, a pool, arcade rooms and several things to do right there. I don't want to spoil all the surprises, but Christmas was their favorite. We even got to go on a date night and the staff watches the kids and they have several activies to do. Since Barbara's foster son and our wish got linked together, she watched the boys for me. At the end of the street you turn on to to get to Give Kids the World, is a Wal-marts where we bought Disney shirits for $5. They also have a lot of other Disney things. I couldn't see spending that much money at the parks. They did give us money to spend for suveniors at the park.
    The list could go on and on, including the Ice Cream Castle. Caleb would definately have a blast there.
    Sharon
    Mother to Andrew 12 yrs old with severe Hunters (MPS II), Natural History Study. Recieving ERT at home.
    Patrick 10 yrs old (not a carrier)

Forum Committee - Moderator ClbsMm2000's Avatar
    Wow! I'm impressed. We really just thought they would maybe pay airfare, hotel and tickets to disney.
    ~ Kelly Waddell

Mom to:
    Caleb Allen (12/06/00)
    MPSI- Hurler; BMT (06/21/02)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder,and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!!

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/calebwaddell

Retired Staff - Forum Advisor
    They paid for everything for us, too and gave us spending money. We got tickets to go to our choice of 3 Disney Parks, Sea World and Universal Studios. They even provided a limosine to pick us up and take us to the airport and then someone met as the airport in Florida to help us get our rental car. They paid for the rental car, too!!
    Sheila
    Mom to Shelby. our precious pride and joy
    18 yrs old, MPS IIIA

Shelby's Website

Retired Staff - Forum Advisor Barbara Pryor's Avatar
    They paid for everything and souvinier(sp?) too. They were great. We spent extra on some souvinier. We took extra money just to spend. It was great.
    Barbara
    Aunt to Andrew (MPS II)

Medically Fragile foster parent--I have 2 sons, Shawn and Ryan. I have an adult foster named Cecilia and I foster a set of medically fragile twins Jessica and David.

Andrew's website
    Ryan's website

Make a Wish paid for our 6 tickets to Florida, gave us spending money, paid for our week long stay at the Nick Hotel, we had
    passes to ALL of the theme parks, but we could not fit everything in, and they paid for the rental van. Give Kids the World prepared all of Lucas' gluten and wheat free meals. They even gave each kid a goody bag and Lucas had
    a special bag with Disney stuff animals and tshirts. They provided our transportation to and from the airport. We had a great, memorable week .
    STACEY M~~
    MOM TO LUCAS ~ 17 Sanfilippo MPS III -B
    MARIAH ~ 23 CHELSEY ~ 19 HAILEE ~18
    WIFE TO LEW MiMi to Serenity
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/hopeforlucas

WE WENT ON A DISNEY TRIP AND STAYED AT GIVE KIDS THE WORLD, WE HAD A LIMO PICK US UP AND BRING US BACK HOME, WE HAD A RENTAL VAN, THEY ARANGED FOR US TO HAVE 2 WHEELCHAIRS, WE RECEIVED SPECIAL RIDES THROUGH THE AIRPORT TO OUR GATE, SO WE WOULD'NT HAVE TO WALK...WAITED FOR OUR FLIGHT IN THE EXECUTIVE LOUNGE, WHERE THEY HAVE FREE FOOD AND DRINKS, AND THE FANCIEST BATHROOMS I HAVE EVER SEEN IN A PUBLIC PLACE...WE HAD TICKETS TO ALL DISNEY PARKS, + SEA WORLD, WE DID A COUPLE OF PARKS IN 1 DAY, LIKE SEA WORLD AND ANIMAL KINGDOM, AND DID'NT GO TO EPCOT..GIVE KIDS THE WORLD'S RESTAURANT, ICE CREAM..EVERYTHING IS FREE..THEY GAVE US SPENDING MONEY ALSO...WE SPEND 11$ OF OUR OWN MONEY FOR THE WHOLE WEEK...TOTALLY AWESOME TRIP...P.S. IF YOU HAVE A DISABILITY CARD FOR YOUR CAR, YOU CAN PARK CLOSER...SEE YOUR PED DOC AND GET ONE IF YOU DON'T...
    THERESE

BRYCE 21 YRS UNAFFECTED CARING OLDER BROTHER
    SARA 13 YRS MPS III A..7-7-1994~10-15-2007
    DANIELLE 12 YRS MPS III A

When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure
    God answers knee mail

It's hard to fake a smile when your heart can barely breathe