View Full Version : Endoscopy and Ear tubes

April 15th, 2004, 11:26 PM
On April 28th the ENT will be doing surgery on Ty for ear tubes and to do endoscopy on his throat, airway, esophegus ( think thats all). I am nervous about putting Ty under GA again, however this doctor feels confident that Ty needs this procedure- we know he needs the ear tubes, and while Ty is already out, he wants to explore the airway to see why it is so small and if he can get any answers to Ty's apnea, swallow and breathing dificulties. We did not discuss tonsils and adnoids, because he had such a hard time getting a good look down Ty's throat. He did however say that if he saw a need during the endoscopy, he could do it right then, while Ty is already asleep. Dr Duncan also said tht he has several patients with MPS and has seen many over the years??? He said that Ty does not have a strong MPS "look" on the outside and that he will be able to tell more when he sees the inside of his nose, ears, throat, and airway- he said that there is a specific "apperance" that he can look for. He does have a very good reputation, and has assured me that he will make sure Ty does fine with the anesthesia (he is an ENT and an anesthesiologist??) sounds like a plan I guess.
I have not heard back from Dr Kurtzberg yet about Ty's appt at Duke. Its been almost three weeks, It's not like her to not respond right away, so I am thinking maybe she did not get my last message. I'll have to call again.
well thanks for listening!
Goodnight :sleepy

April 16th, 2004, 12:54 AM


April 16th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Ditto what Brenda said!! :) I'm sure Ty will be fine and the ear tubes will help him so much!

Laura Brodie
April 16th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Kim -I think its good to get all those things looked at while Ty is under as the ear tubes are a must ,well they were for us anyway as they stopped pain and helped Will hear :) .I have heard that the narrowing of the airways has a particular 'look' so maybe this guy is right. Let us know how you get on Love Laura

April 16th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Dear Kim,

It sounds good to me. And that all is under control. I will pray for little Ty. HIs picture that you posted is adorable. I looked at it thinking the same that he does not have MPS facial features. I think the tubes will help alot, good luck,
love Rosemarie

April 16th, 2004, 12:23 PM
With all the ear infections Ty has had, he should benefit from tubes. I hope all goes well with the procedure and you can get some answers from the endoscopy. Where are you having this done? Nancy Glass at Tx Children's has had much experience as an anesthesiologist for our kids.
Hugs to all,

April 16th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Thanks for that info. Ty will be having it done at TCH, I will ask Dr Duncan if it is possible to request her!
By the way, have any of you Houston area moms used Dr. Newton Duncan for your children's ENT needs in the past! I know Connor A sees one of Dr Duncans partners. I have heard from other mothers that they were very pleased with Dr Duncan, but I think it would be more reassuring to hear the opinion a MPS mom has of Dr Duncan.

Thank you, you are so sweet. I'm glad you think I am supportive to my friends here on the forum, I feel like I am just recripricating for all the support you all give me.

I know what you are saying about Ty's looks. We actually had a very long discussion about this very thing on the old forum. The more time I spend researching MPS, and watching Ty go through all these medical problems which are mostly presenting symptoms in MPS II, the more convinced I am he has it and I think he has Hunters. I also think my nephew has Hunters, he only had one urine screen for mucopolysaccharides, which came back "normal" he was 19 years old at the time. There is a high false negitive and false positive rate with the MPS urine screen. Ty has had three "abnormal" ones. Chris has so many features of MPS II. I think he has a mild hunters. I think there are several boy cousins and relitives in our family tree who exhibit hunters features signs and symptoms. Right now, there are three cousins under the age of 5 (Ty included) who have macrocephaly, dev. delay, VP shunts and the same"look" All three are boys, all in different families, but the same side of the family. On that same side of the family, there are many miscarriages, 3 early deaths of uncles (34, 60, and the other was a teenager or early 20's I was not born yet) They were all very short (5' to 5'5") they all had thick, black hair & eyebrows, very large heads and chests with thin extremeties and short but round hands and feet. The youngest, was what they called "slow" back then. The 34 year old died of a massive brain anyurism, but he also had heart problems and problems with his joints. and the 60 year old died of liver failure, he was about 5'5", and constantly battled massive headaches, kidney stones, heart and lung problems, he had terrible vision, he was very fidgety almost hyper, couldn't sit still, if he did sit his leg was always rocking back and forth, and he had terrible sleeping problems- woke up all the time, couldn't get to sleep, couldn't stay asleep. He also had severe arthritis pain and inflamation in his joints with limited mobility.
I am not in contact with the parents of the other two young boys, I have gotten some of this information through Christmas cards, pictures, and letters from my aunts and uncles talking about their grandchildren. And I have had my sister (Chris's mom) probe a little because she lives closer to them (we are 1/2 a country away).
Anyways I did not mean to go off into that whole thing, it is just so frustrating knowing there is something, but getting no real answers. There is most definately some form of x-linked, maternal linked, or autosomal dominant disease being passed along through our family, most likley a storage disease and MPS II fits the whole picture best- especially since Ty has screened abnormal for it 3 times. Before my children and their cousins grow up and decide to have their own children- my sister and I mean to find out what it is.
So, that was a mouthful. sry for the long post and thanks again for all the support you are all wonderful!
Hugs, :group

Sheila George
April 16th, 2004, 03:46 PM

I just thought I would let you know when Shelby had a procedure done at Texas Children's I called the anethesia department and asked for Nancy Glass. She could not be present (she has recently had surgery on her foot) for Shelby's procedure, but she did reassure me that she would make sure her most senior partner was the anethesiologist assigned to Shelby. The day of the procedure she even came down to the pre-op area to make sure we were comfortable with the anethesiologist who was assigned. His name was Dr. Koveler (sp?). Hope this helps.

April 16th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Dear Kim.

What a story!!!!You are probably right. A mild case of Hunters is probably what they had.. I find that story incredibly interesting. The other children, have their parents not wondered or should I say thought enough about taking them to a geneticist? Chris is 19, does he have pain in his joints or headaches too!Couldn't he get the blood test done to say if it is Hunters? What a story.When you go to NC will you leave with a diagnose? I can't imagine what you are going through.I would save those pictures and take them with you to NC,because what if it were something else,hmmmmmm.Kim this was some story........I am speechless...
love Rosemarie

April 16th, 2004, 07:28 PM
Christopher's toes are completely turned under they cannot be straightened unless he has surgery to correct it, he actually walks with his toes curled under his foot! His fingers are curved and he cannot straighten them all the way. He has massive headaches every day, his joints are always sore and stiff. His reflexes are asymetricle and he has colonus at the ankles. his mouth, tongue, and nose are very large/wide. Christopher is quite heavy in the head, face, and trunk, he has no neck which makes him look even heavier, plus he is not very tall. So for years my sister has been told that the toes and joint problems were due to Christopher's weight and that she should put him on a diet. I could go on all day about Chris's symptoms, but I won't.
Chris's geneticist feels that since the urine screen came back normal for MPS that there is no need to pursue further testing. He thinks Chris has a mitochondrial disease, and thinks that is what Ty probably has too. Although he has never seen Ty, they live in Boston.
He may be right, who knows??? However I have given Dr Kurtzberg all this information and the exact test results of Ty's urine screens for MPS, and she feels that Tys course can in no way rule out MPS and that he needs to have a skin biopsy. Yes I am sure they will test for other things too. Dr K said that a mitochondrial disease is not out of the question, but MPS needs to be explored first.
I have spent 100's of hours researching both these disorders and several others. The one that fits Ty and Chris the closest is MPS II, the next in line are MPS I, Glycogen storage disease, and noonan syndrome. Ty does not present like a typical mitochondrial myopathy, but we all know there is nothing typical in the world of genetic/metabolic disorders.
I asked Dr Swift if Ty's hydrocephalus was what he had seen before in MPS children. He said that although he had never seen the hydrocephalus present so young in MPS children- that yes it was the same "kind" of presentation, indicative of a storage of cells in the lining of the brain. Then just after the surgery, when he came out to tell me that Ty had a very small airway, he was hard to intubate and he thought we needed to know this since this also is a symptom of a storage disorder.
No, the other parents live in small towns in MA. They pretty much take what the doc tells them and go with it. So far the three year old has had a couple surgeries one of them being a VP shunt placement, he wears glasses, he has developmental delay, and is very short in stature. The parents are told these are idiopathic issues. none pertaining to the other and they are okay with that as far as I know.
I really don't know for sure what Ty has, but I do think we are getting closer. If they are able to pin down a mitochondrial defect in Christopher- then we will have Ty tested for that same thing. If they are able to either diagnose or rule out MPS for Ty- then Chris will be tested for that. I guess at that point, we will approach the other relitives with the information we have found.
Got to go- thanks for listening.

April 16th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Hi Kim ---

Just FYI...Dr. K normally responds within 24 hours (if not 24 minutes!!!) so I would be willing to bet she didn't get your last message. If you e-mail her it goes straight to her cellphone/palm pilot thingy and she gets back to you even quicker. I think she wears it to bed at night!!! :lol: Trust me...we're 3 hours time difference from her and have talked to her/gotten responses at all hours of the day and night!!!

Good Luck! :) Melanie

Sheila George
April 16th, 2004, 10:52 PM
What Melanie says is very true!! I am always amazed at how quick she responds to my e-mails and we did not end up going through transplant, so technically Shelby is not even her patient. She is just awesome!! I wish all doctors were as available as she is.

April 17th, 2004, 12:27 AM
Mel and Sheila,
Thanks! I think you are right! she has always gotten right back to me too. I am going to email her again right now. Isn't it sad, I push everyone else to "do it, do it, don't wait" and I don't follow my own advice! Thanks for the push!!!!
-Kim :)

Laura Brodie
April 17th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Kim, I know I've said this before!!! But I can't understand why its taking so long to diagnose or rule out MPS 2! WE HAD BLOODS /URINE TAKEN AND WITHIN A WEEK !a diagnosis of Mps then a week later Hunters. All testing was done in Manchester UK by Ed Wraiths Lab.-Wilink Clinic its on the net!
i'M FRUSTRATED FOR YOU :? but not half as frustrated as you must be! Love And Hugs Laura

Sharon Cochenour
April 17th, 2004, 10:44 PM
I know when Andrew got ear tubes it made a big difference. I hope Ty does well. When Andrew got his tonsils out we were still waiting on the MPS diagnosis. Once they looked in his throat, the ENT doctor told me he had that "MPS look". It was very narrow, edemitious and they could tell it was a build up of saccarids.
Very interesting story about the children, and adults in your family. I know that Andrews blood and urine tests were negative at first. They thought they were very dilute because he drank continously. When we had them in the morning without drinking, they were positive.
I agree with Dr. Kurtzburg. Why aren't they doing a skin biopsy? I know with Andrew they did a lot of testing to rule out disorders, but they still did a skin biopsy because it would take so long to come back.
I will be keeping you and Ty in our thoughts and prayers. Glad to here you have an anestheslogist who has experience with MPS childrens airways.

April 18th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Thanks Laura and Sharon!
Dr K got right back to me, she hadn't gotten the first email. Her nurse manager is going to call me on Monday, to set things up for our visit. I'm done worring about why the geneticist here is or isn't running certian tests, Dr K will run whatever Ty needs and she will finnally give us some answers. It sounds like the ENT will be able to give us some information after the endoscopy too.

April 19th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Hi Kim,
So glad to hear that things are moving now- hopefully closer to diagnosis. I read your comments about your nephews, uncles with interest. I have a 3 yr old boy with mild hunter. He has a 4 yr old cousin also with it and my mum's brother had it aswell (although undiagnosed.) Neither of the boys have a strong Hunter facial characteristics however if you look for the characteristics you can see them but they don't overly strike you - if you know what I mean. However each day the two cousins become more and more alike (almost identical) The feature that I would say is identical is their body shape, specifically the chest and belly. Both have rounded chests with a protruding belly, Both have the 'outy' belly buttons - all other unaffected male children in the family do not. The shape of their ribs are identical.
I also do have some understanding of the slightly mixed feelings about different reactions from sisters and family. My sister's boy had virtually no hospital, medical interventions etc while withSean (my son) being 7 weeks early - our time has been full of medical appointments all his life. As you can guess my nephew was only diagnosed because all my sisters' boys were tested due to Sean's diagnosis. Even knowing the diagnosis ny sister and her husband have a very different approach to MPS than me and my husband. While I feel we scramble around looking for more answers and info, they virtually ignore it, happy for us to give them updates re ERT etc. It does not seem as urgent to them as us as my nephew has had no medical concerns as yet.
Good luck
Sorry I can't help you re questions re specific drs. I live in Australia. I hope things get clearer very very soon

April 23rd, 2004, 12:44 AM
Thank you for your post, :D

We finally got our appt with Duke and Dr K!!!( I shouldn't say finally, they were actually very quick, I emailed Dr K last Friday?- so 6 days to have all the paperwork and everything scheduled that is pretty good.)
May 24-28, the appts are each day, monday thru friday ending with an appointment with Dr K on Friday afternoon. I will probably fly out with Ty on Sunday, as the first appt on monday is early morning. For those of you who have gone to Duke for BMT or CBT consultation with Dr K, I have a few questions. I havn't spoken to Jayne about it yet she may have all the answers, but Where did you stay while in NC.? did you need a rental car for appts? Is there anythin I'm forgetting???
I'm a little nervous, Jim will be in Asia for two weeks May 11th - 28th so he can not come with me, and he can not watch our other children!!! I think I can work out the kiddos, I just worry I might get a little freaked out being there, just Ty and I for a whole week, not to mention I wont have a computer to talk to you all. :cry:
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sheila George
April 23rd, 2004, 06:49 AM

There is a place called the University Inn right across from the hospital and clinic where some people stay. I don't know much about it, but you would not have to rent a car.

When we were there we stayed at an apartment complex that had furnished apartments for $75/night. However, you would need a rental car if you stay there.

Jayne should be able to give you a list of places to stay. The other nurse, June, sent us one before we went out there.

April 23rd, 2004, 06:13 PM
Good luck with everyhting, I'am glad soon you will finally have a answer (hopefully)

Annies doctors in boston, did a skin biopsy ASAP, I guess we should be thankfull a answer did not take long, yet we were not looking for one,,

April 24th, 2004, 09:35 PM
I don't think I ever travelled anywhere alone with William. Certainly be careful at night! We have learned to take along a little bag of medicine in case the kids get a cold or fever or Lou gets a traveller's headache so nobody has to go out at night looking for a store in a strange town. :sick:

Seems like if you are going to be there a week it might be nice to have a little car just to go to a mall or playground if they rent car seats.

April 25th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Kim, I'm happy you have finally gotten an appt. for Ty with Dr. K. I have never been to Duke but have been to UNC-Chapel Hill several times (just down the road). I would think you would want to rent a car while there, it's a little drive from the airport to the hospitals.

I am sure the tubes will help Ty a lot. Kraig has had numerous sets, his latest just last week. Are they planning to put in T-tubes? They are a little more permanent type and for Kraig they have lasted longer. I hope the dr. can learn more about Ty from the endoscopy, Kraig has had one of these before, too.

April 25th, 2004, 10:50 AM
Hi Kim,

I can give you whatever info. you need about staying in Durham...we 'lived' there for 6 months 4 days while Jake went through transplant and have traveled back every 4-6 months for the past year and a half! Jayne will send you a list of places to stay and/or have one of the social workers contact you. When we first went we tried to make things easy by staying at the University Inn which is one block away from the hospital (also has the cheapest medical rates). I will admit this was a VERY humbling experience for me. The University Inn is by no means 4 star (or any stars for that matter! :) ) but I guess I have to be honest and say that I am used to a bit nicer environment --- also everyone staying at The University Inn is there for medical stuff and is referred to as "The Doom & Gloom" by the people staying there --- you get the point! :lol: The main problem with staying at The University Inn is that although it is one block away from the hospital - the nearest grocery stores/restaurants/fast food, etc. are quite a distance away (NOT within walking distance) hence the need for a rental car in my opinion when you're travelling with a child. I also seem to have to pack tons of stuff when we travel including stroller, car seat, and at least 2 suitcases which can be hard for me to handle by myself in the airport. I'm always fine here at SeaTac as there are porters to help with my stuff but porters are few and far between at RDU so I always end up hauling all our stuff plus Jake in a stroller through the airport in NC. It's a challenge to say the least! I'll tell you what we do and it's by no means the 'best' way to do it but it works for us. I always rent a car now as it makes life in Durham 100% easier although if you've never driven in Durham, relax, and be prepared to get lost ALOT --- the roads are ridiculous and there is no rhyme or reason to the direction the roads go --- I consider myself a 'native' now as I only get turned around once or twice during the week we spend there every 6 months! :D I always stay at a 'suites' style hotel as they have 'kitchenettes' which make things much easier as far as having a place to keep Jake's Pediasure cold as well as his medications that have to be refrigerated plus if he just wants mac & cheese or something I have somewhere to cook it. My preferred 'suites' hotels are Hilton Homewood Suites, Homestead Suites, & Candlewood Suites. I like them all for different reasons and find myself going back and forth between the 3 of them. I find them to be the cleanest places we've stayed in NC and yet I still go in to the rooms with my trusty Clorox wipes and clean everything as best as I can! The Candlewood Suites is closer to UNC than Duke and a little out of the way so maybe not the best place to stay your first time there although it has the best beds of the 3. Homestead Suites & Homewood Suites or in the same area and are a few miles from Duke. They are both near grocery stores and restaurants. The Homewood Suites is a bit more expensive but has some interesting extras like their Managers Reception every night during the week which includes full meals & beverages (yes, sometimes after a LONG day at Duke I can use a glass of wine! :rofl: ). Anyhow, this post is getting way too long but I would be happy to answer any questions and/or help you in any way you need! Please don't hesitate to ask me anything!!! Good Luck! :)

Love ~ Mel

April 25th, 2004, 12:11 PM


Sharon Cochenour
April 25th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Glad to hear you got an appointment with Dr. Kurtzburg. I have been to UNC at Chapel Hilll and the last time I flew by myself with Andrew. When you check into the airport tell them you are traveling alone with a special needs child. They will tag your ticket so when you get to the Raliegh Airport someone will already know to help you. I was able to take Andrew straight to the plane in his stroller, and then they stored it so they could get it right off at the next airport and I could put him right back in it.
You probably need a rental car like Kris said, but there is alot of resturants and places to go in the area. We stayed at the Hampton Inn down the road in Chapel Hill, so I don't know any places are Duke.

April 25th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Thanks for all the advice and great suggestions!! I think you are right about the car, I will rent one. We have Homewood suites here in Houston and I do like them, they are generally very clean.
We never go anywhere without Ty's own carseat, he even sits in it on the plane, that way he views it like a car trip, and does not go berzerk running around. I always pitty the poor soul sitting in front of us because Ty kicks the seat the entire time, I try to explain this to the ticket agent while I am requesting the "bulkhead", but we have only gotten those seats once.
We have a large, MacLaren stroller for Ty, and he has just broken it. :cry: He rams his head and upper body into the backrest of the stroller all the time, and the brackets that hold the backrest and allow you to recline the stroller finnally gave out, they both broke clean in half! :ohno The other stroller we have is too large for the airplane, so I guess I am going stroller shopping. I am going to see if MacLaren will fix or replace Tys stroller but I doubt this will happen before I go to NC.
Thanks again to everyone for all the advice. Melanie, I will probably have several questions over the next couple weeks while I am preparing for the trip- I have a feeling I will be emailing you several times. Thanks.

Cynthia Anhalt
April 25th, 2004, 10:11 PM
Kim, we will be thinking about Ty on surgery day. Wishing you only the best of luck. And, by the way, we see Dr. Duncan's partner and love him. However, Dr.Duncan is fabulous and does have experience with MPS kids. You are in great hands!!!

April 26th, 2004, 04:15 AM
Mel - I thought I was the only one that cleaned the hotel room. I use Scrubbing Bubbles wipes! :lol: Next thing you know we are going to be like Barbra Streisand and request the hotel install a brand new toilet seat for our visit! :rofl:

I had forgotten how William used to rock and roll in his stroller and chair. Fortunately he never broke them or hurt himself. They aren't padded in the right places for the rocking- banging and when he was in that kind of mood we would have to pad the metal parts with a towel or OUCH! our hand.


April 26th, 2004, 04:44 PM
I keep small pillows in the basket of the stroller, just for those moments :lol:
It looks like you had a very late night last night, was William having trouble sleeping? :sleepy

Sheila and Anita,
Thanks for the info on the anesthesiologists. I called the anesthesia dept at TCH, for Ty's surgery Wednesday, Dr Glass is not in all week!! However, I was able to request Dr Koveler- Thanks for the backup doc Sheila!


April 26th, 2004, 09:25 PM
I have a complicated schedule. William eats best in the night and sometimes doesn't get sleepy until he hears birds chirping outside.. On weekends I sleep in the afternoon if possible or not at all or Lou takes the night shift and I get too much sleep. Then I'm like a kid who took her nap too late in the day! Fortunately it's just me and William here on Monday mornings and we get back to normal hours - normal for us.

I'll say it again - thank goodness for that do not call list to stop the telemarketers. When you have a child at school you can't just ignore the phone. I wasn't getting that REM sleep so I felt tired all of the time. Now - almost no telemarketers - YEA!

I was also trying to get one more load of laundry done last night. Vacation where we brought all of our own bedding and towels and a couple expected and unexpected bed changes at home made a mountain of laundry as tall as me. I have a friend who has two dryers to crank the loads through at a better pace, I think my father-in-law is going to give us his old one when he moves to Florida.

We never tried small pillows, we used regular sized and he would bounce all of the stuffing off to the side plus we would get the uncomfortable "why is there a pillow behind my back' look from him. He enjoyed the rocking, it wasn't a problem for him - just us. :roll:


April 28th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Well Ty's surgery went well today. He got the ear tubes, he had an infection in one and fluid in the other the doc said. We got Dr Koveler, he was great, he had to rearrange the schedule so that he could care for Ty himself, because he didn't want to take any chances. They kept Ty in recovery on oxygen for several hours, as he was having low O2 sats on room air. Finnally at about three o'clock he was able to maintain a 95 on room air, so they let us go home. He is doing very well at the moment. I am going to watch his breathing closely tonight though, for some reason he always has a bad night following sedation or anesthisia.

I have a question. Can I still get an accurate temperature reading with an ear thermometer, with the tubes????

Thanks, GTG

Sheila George
April 28th, 2004, 09:43 PM

Glad to hear everything went smoothly. I thought about you two several times today. I was in your area for a doctor's appt., but I knew you were not home. Give Ty a big hug!! I hope you get some rest tonight.

Priscilla Raftery
April 28th, 2004, 10:11 PM
I've been told by doctor's (more than one) and pharmacists that ear thermometers give inaccurate readings. This came up because every time I took Joey's temp, even within minutes of each other, the reading was different. My thermometer always said Joey had a temp! Now I use the digital thermometer and take it axcillary (under the arm). Usually an axcillary reading is one degree less than the actual temp. Priscilla

Sharon Cochenour
April 28th, 2004, 11:13 PM
Glad to hear Ty's surgery went well and you guys are home. I don't know the accuracy of ear temps., but that is the only way I can get Andrew's temperature. Usually he is like a bucking broncho. :smirk: I do enjoy a challenge times. :D

April 28th, 2004, 11:58 PM
So glad to hear Ty's surgery went well and that you guys are home already! Hope he has a peaceful night and you can get some well deserved rest.

April 29th, 2004, 12:23 AM
Thanks! I know that ear thermometers are not the most accurate, however I am right there with Sharon on that one. I can not get even an axcillery temp on Ty, :sick: I can't keep him still long enough. Today in the hospital, just to get his temp, it took myself, my husband and the nurse- this was for the "under the arm" temp. Luckily they gave him versed and then gas before attempting to put in the IV. because even half out of it, it took the three of us to remove the IV from his foot.
Dr Duncan called us tonight to check on Ty!- this may be normal procedure for him but I have to say this has never happened before. Not even Dr Swift. I was very impressed. So I asked him about the temp-ear thermometer question. He said the tubes would not change the acuracy of the ear thermometer, which is not the best to begin with, but you have to use what works, and that is probably the only way to get a reading on Ty. You got that right.
Ty has some stridor, and he sounds a little croupy, but considering his day- he is doing better than I expected :D
Thanks again for all the well wishes!

April 29th, 2004, 07:44 AM
Hi Kim, Glad to hear all went well with Ty.You will see a big difference in him as the tubes help so much. It is good t ohear also that the doctor called. Bravo !I hope Ty is better today.
love Rosemarie

Laura Brodie
April 29th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Kim, glad Ty came through OK its always such a worry isn't it! Hope he is feeling better today and you all get some rest :sleeping2 :sleeping2 The only temp thing that works for Will is the ear one too!!although I know the signs nowadays! Love Laura

The Rea Family
April 29th, 2004, 03:47 PM
I'm glad to hear the surgery went well.

April 29th, 2004, 07:24 PM
I'm glad to hear everything went well. We enjoyed quite an extended period of quiet after the ear tubes went in and I mean that from his yelling and antibiotic standpoints! He was still noisy but not so earsplitting. We always use the closed caption option on the TV or we would miss half of what is said.

I got a little plastic strip somewhere that tells his temperature with mood ring technology :? . The correct temperature changes color. It works pretty well for normal fevers where you don't have to know exactly what the temp is. You hold the strip on his forhead and it changes color pretty fast.


April 29th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Glad to hear all went smoothly. Keeping you in my prayers. Love and hugs to Ty!
Debbie and the guys