PDA

View Full Version : Pics of My Boys!

MishLuvsHer2Boys
April 9th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Here they are together for the first time in a professional picture, it was taken on March 19th, Dylan was 37 months then and Brendon was 2 days short of 10 months:

http://www.pregnancy.org/photo/data/3044/57DylanBrendon3-04.jpg

momtoty
April 9th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Oh, how adorable!!!!! those are two beautiful boys!! :cloud9

The Rea Family
April 9th, 2004, 07:23 PM
They are absolutely beautiful!

Jessica
April 9th, 2004, 07:28 PM
Hummm... It seems like I've seen this picture before... :?
I just can't put my finger on it.

:D

Beautiful boys Mish!

MishLuvsHer2Boys
April 9th, 2004, 07:30 PM
LOL Of course Jessica, you resized it for me and all. ;)

I read somewhere that MPS kids tend to have similar looks...just curious as to your opinions on my two boys? I am praying that neither has MPS but just wanting to see what you all might think based on looks.

Tami
April 9th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Hey Mish,

YOUR Boys look perfect!!!!!! :bounce: Some of our MPS babies do look alike and alot don't! See my babies picture? If you look at it the picture they do not look like MPS kids. This was taken over 4 years ago and it was the only picture that made them look like any other normal child (and they weren't fighting :lol: ) If you saw them in person you could see the MPS. Jacob now really has the MPS look and Sami looks (when she had hair) like alot of the MPS1 H/S girls. I can look back and see MPS at an early age, but at the time I never saw it. They were/are the cutiest kids I have ever been lucky enough to raise!

Brendon look perfect to me and no matter what the diagnosis is... Both your babies are perfect!!! P.S. I don't see MPS :kiss:

Love and Hugs,
Tami

MishLuvsHer2Boys
April 9th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Thanks Tami. Dylan was my miracle baby and Brendon was the bonus miracle we were told we were never going to have children due to unexplained infertility on my side and those 4 MPS test results being positive for Dylan have me worried. I have seen some pics of MPS kids that looked in somewhat similar in some things...just also wierds me out that both have almost chronic diarrhea, I've never smelt anything so horrendous as their BMs and I've babysat for almost 12 years. Dylan's tonsils are enlargened for no reason, he has a lot of sleeping problems (could be the autism too), and both have this wierd webbing at the corner of their eyes, me and their father don't, with their eyes you can't see where the tear duct is as it's hidden. Neither of us drank or anything to cause anything like that.

Guess the wait is killing me by stress and worry.

momtoty
April 10th, 2004, 12:12 AM
Michelle,
That webbing at the eyes your talking about sounds like "epicanthal folds" Ty has "prominent epicanthal folds" also. However this is not a MPS trait as far as I know. I have not found any literature linking the two together.
Your boys are beautiful, Tami is right about the "look" it is more prominent in some children and not so much in others. I happen to think it is a beautiful look, I don't think there is a prettier bunch of kiddos in the world, than right here at the MPS Forum. :)

Laura Brodie
April 10th, 2004, 03:00 AM
Kim, I think your right the're all really beautiful!
Mish- Will always had some features of MPS from a tiny baby but we did not know about MPS at all but could see somethings we'rnt right ie. shape of his skull/forehead/nose - when we finally saw a piediatician who knew what she was on about :lol: She diagnosed him immediately without the tests even! just from his looks!! and the collection of symptoms of course!
I saw a newsclip recently of a Boy with Hunters it really could have been Will they were so so alike but Will has more of the features as he has got older! I am thinking about you and your boys as you wait and hope its not much longer till you have some answers love Laura

Barbara Pryor
April 10th, 2004, 10:25 AM
Mish,
Your son's are so adorable. Thanks for putting up the picture. It helps when we can associate the names with the pictures. :)

Anne Cairns
April 10th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Mish the picture of the boys is just adorable ...
And since I am originaly from Montreal ,well I just love the Canadian jersey.... :D
Anne

Sharon Cochenour
April 11th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Mich,
Your boys are beautiful. My son Andrew didn't have MPS characteristics untill he was older. The only thing I could see was big, huge beautiful brown eyes.
Sharon

Priscilla Raftery
April 11th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Oh my goodness, Mich, your boys are just soooooooo adorable :angel: ! I just love their smiles :) ~ Priscilla

DebbieV76
April 14th, 2004, 09:50 PM
Thanks so much for sharing your adorable sweeties with us! :)

Raines Family
April 28th, 2004, 11:07 PM
You have two of the cutest boys. I can never get such a cute picture. Where do you live. We live in Okla.

MishLuvsHer2Boys
April 29th, 2004, 11:55 AM
We live in Nova Scotia, Canada. Those pics are so hard to get with the boys together, Dylan is autistic and often very aggressive with his brother and his brother well when he's not cranky, he is very serious and doesn't want to smile. :)

THEmps2mom
May 3rd, 2004, 08:49 AM
Your boys are adorable!!! :D

ChrisMPS2
May 3rd, 2004, 02:53 PM
What a pair of cuties!

Katherine was very serious when she was little also. I watch old videos of her and think loosen up and smile! Of course she got over it, now it would be nice if she would be a little more serious at homework time!

William was pretty nice to her. He knew the difference between playing with boys and girls and all I had to do was steer him away from her if he was annoying her while she was playing with something.

She has gotten more compassionate with him as time goes on. Last night she decided his legs were cold and put big fuzzy leg warmers on him. Poor guy - a little too much sisterly attention, Lou didn't approve but left them on when it turned out they did actually make his legs warmer.

Chris