PDA

View Full Version : Kaity's Special Day

Jessica
April 4th, 2004, 03:07 PM
These are horrible pictures (quality wise I mean) of Kaity Bug on her birthday yesterday! We took tons of pictures but these are with an instant camera which doesn't do the best work! The other photos are in the developing stage! AND my dad took some with his digital camera outside so I'm really excited to see those!! Everyone always sees pictures of Kaity when she was young so these photos show just how far advanced she really is. :(

Kaity's 13th Brithday April 3rd, 2004 (http://www.mpsforum.com/images/kaity13bd.jpg)
Birthday Photo #2 (http://www.mpsforum.com/images/kaity13bd2.jpg)

Kaity had a fairly good day yesterday. She's been getting fussy again at night and not sleeping well. Probably her ears again. :frown: I tried to get some sort of response from her the last few days. I started singing Happy Birthday to her two days ago and was talking and singing to her really loud (she can hardly hear anymore) about her upcoming special day...but not even one little smile. :cry: Poor little Kaity Bug.

I was so relieved to have my family with me since I was feeling the blues. My Dad, my sister Rebecca & her three kids, my son Josh, Bill (a friend of mine from the store), and Kaity's Aunt Rhonda, came over for Kaity's special day!

I insisted we go outside and take TONS of photos since Kaity has not been doing well. It is all I can do to get her to eat. She is just simply giving up. :(

Thank you to everyone on the forum for always being here for me and my family.

OHHH...and I have one more photo to share. One of my stud muffin's senior pictures. He's a babe huh? :cool:
Josh Wellman Senior Picture 2004 (http://www.mpsforum.com/images/josh.jpg)

Rebecca
April 4th, 2004, 03:29 PM
:Party: We had a wonderful time at Kaity's Birthday Party!!!!! :Party:
Thanks for inviting us to spend the day with you! :kiss: I hope we were the :group (support) you needed!

And I have to admit I did not even need my :nerd: (eye surgery) to see how much of a BABE your son is!!! :whistle

THEmps2mom
April 4th, 2004, 03:34 PM
WOW, Josh sure has changed a lot since the last time I have seen pictures of him :D What a little sweetie Kaity is. Thanks so much for sharing those pictures. I'm glad Kaity had a pretty good day yesterday, but sorry to hear that overall she has not been doing so well lately. I know how you feel about birthdays, they are so bitter sweet. I'm always happy to celebrate another milestone for Kraiggy, but yet so sad to know he's another year older . . . . and well, we all know what that means for MPS kids. (((HUGS))) Jess, we love you!!!! :hi

The Rea Family
April 4th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Jessica,
I'm glad that you had a good time yesterday.
I'm so sorry that Kaity hasn't been doing well lately.
Kaity is precious, and Josh is a total babe :lol:
:group

DebbieV76
April 4th, 2004, 04:43 PM
(((((Jessica))))) because of everything written above.
love you. :kiss:

P.S.. stud muffin is right :) He looks so grown up! Hard to believe that Jon would be a senior this coming fall if circumstances were different.

I've heard it said that time can be a friend, or an enemy. Wow, do I have melancholy feelings about that!

Give Kaity a big smooch from Rochester.
With love and more cyber (((hugs))) where this one came from!

webman
April 4th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Happy birthday Kaity!
I am sorry I missed the party....
Your cousin Sarah Anne has her first birthday on Friday the 9th.
I sure love you guys and miss you too...
Uncle Todd and the gang
http://www.mpsforum.com/images/moss.jpg

~Edited by Jessica

Jessica
April 4th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Thank you guys! Yes, birthdays can be bittersweet. (:cry: and :) all at the same time).

My brother (web-man) has been here!!!!! :D
By the way folks...this is his server we are now playing on for FREE!!

:Party: Happy (almost) Birthday Sarah Anne!! :Party:

You and your brothers are all so beautiful!!! Like your Mommy... :8):

Thank you all for the warm wishes and sentiments. Like I said, I don't know what I would do without my forum family.
:group

Sharon Cochenour
April 4th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Jessica,
Thanks for sharing Kaitys pictures. Glad you had family around to share her special day.
Yes, your son is a stud muffin.
Sharon

Allimom
April 4th, 2004, 10:27 PM
Jess~ I'm sorry to heart that Kaity-bug has not been doing very well. I hope you get to see that smile again soon! Having Family and friends around can make all the difference :group

Love,
jennifer

Jessica
April 4th, 2004, 11:05 PM
There it is!!! It's the smile only it's on Ali!!! But that will do!!! :D

Priscilla Raftery
April 4th, 2004, 11:08 PM
Hi Jessica ~ Thanks for posting Kaity's picture :angel: . My heart hasn't melted like that in quite awhile, it was love at first sight. I am so sorry it seems to you that she is giving up. But there is no doubt in my mind she hears you and cherishes your voice. I believe somehow she knew you were telling her it was her special day :Party: . You may not have seen a smile on her face, but I know there was a smile in her heart. Priscilla

Priscilla Raftery
April 4th, 2004, 11:12 PM
Oh, and Time Machine, Time Machine, where are you? I need to be 18 again and take a certain Josh Wellman to the prom!!! Whoa, baby! :D

MelI
April 5th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Thank you so much for sharing your pictures, Jess! Kaity is precious and looked so nice in her Spring hat! I'm sorry for your 'mixed emotions' :) & :( but am so glad your family was there to support you! Take care!

Love ~ Melanie

P.S. If only my little sister was a bit younger (she's 27) and Josh were a bit older!!!! :D They already have the same last name so that would make things easy!!!! :rofl: :lol:

Jessica
April 5th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Too funny Mel :D

Laura Brodie
April 5th, 2004, 03:39 PM
The words 'eye candy' spring to my mind and 'toy boy' and.........Oh well we can all dream oh yes and 'dream boat' lets hope Lil doesn't read this post and tell me i'm embarrassing her :lol: AGAIN!!!

No seriously now-I'm so sure that in a way our children must know how much we care and love them :kiss: :kiss: Its so bitter sweet but important to celebrate each milestone in their lives. I'm glad such a special Mom had the support she needed on her lovely daughter's special day. Love and Hugs Laura

The Bays family
April 5th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Jessica.... What cute kids you have! Kaity is such a doll baby.
Brianna is getting a lot weaker, her legs are so brittle. She will be nine May 24 and it just does not seem posssible. I know how birthdays can make us parents feel. Give Kaity a great big hug from all of us!
Holly

Jessica
April 5th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Thanks everyone!
Kaity is like that. Her little arms feel like sticks. I guess because she has no muscles left. :(

Anne Cairns
April 5th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Jessica I am glad your shared those pictures with us
I am also sad that you feel the way you do :group ,Life is precious so is your little munchkin Kaity
Your son is a definite handsome fellow,he has you guys and Kaity to thank for that it comes from the inside as well as the outside!
Anne

ArtHolb
April 6th, 2004, 08:09 AM
Jess,
Sorry that Kaity is not doing well :( Loved the pictures, What a handsome young man.

Art

Paulina Jump
April 6th, 2004, 08:28 AM
Jessica,

Thanks for sharing Kaity's special day with us. It breaks my heart that Kaity is not doing well. She is sure a doll baby. :group
I have not enjoyed a birthday for Andrew since we found out. It's makes it very hard because Alex's birthday is the day after Andrew's. My husband does all the planning, I just can't. :cry:

You are in my thought
Paulina

Vibe
April 6th, 2004, 04:00 PM
I am sorry to hear that your little girl not doing well, I dont know what to say, But all of you are in my heart. Thinking of you every day, I hope Kaity feels better soon.

Hug from Vibeke

zachiesmom
April 6th, 2004, 04:46 PM
:angel: Oh my!! she is so precious!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry to hear that your kaity bug is not doing very well but I also think that she is still the Kaity you remember on the inside!!! I'm sure she heard and loved every rendition of Happy Birthday :music: I'm sure it is not easy on such bittersweet occasions such as these but take comfort that whether she can see you or hear you or smile for you, she can definitely feel your love!!!!! I'm always thinking of you and Kaity and praying for her comfort.
All our love and hugs :group Brenda, John & Zachie Haggett

rickys1mom
April 7th, 2004, 02:30 AM
Thanks for sharing Kaity's birthday with us Jess! Love the hat! I know that birthdays can be hard as our kids get older. Its so great that you are surrounded by family. Thank you for letting us be a part of that. What a great senior picture of Josh! Our kids are growing up so fast!
Birthday hugs and kisses to Kaity,
Anita and family

Jessica
April 7th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Thanks again everyone! Here's a better photo of the whole family...minus Brian...he was traveling! We even have our Jack pictured here...his name is Baxter! :)

http://www.mpsforum.com/images/wellmanfamily.jpg

zachiesmom
April 7th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Baxter?...Baxter?...Is that you? ...Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow,....Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow!!!! :music:

Jessica
April 7th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Baxter hates kitty, kitties!! He's a cat killin', mole catchin', bird choking machine!! :D

Priscilla Raftery
April 7th, 2004, 07:56 PM
There is a family only 20 minutes from me with two daughters who have sanfilippo. Each daughter has her own Jack terrior, they are the neatest dogs! They are so good with the girls & great company, too. Priscilla

Priscilla Raftery
April 7th, 2004, 07:59 PM
By the way, Jessica, as you already know, I think the picture of your family is very, very nice ~ looks professional! Kaity, so sweet... :angel: :kiss: Priscilla

Jessica
April 8th, 2004, 10:01 AM
Pricilla,
I love Jacks! Baxter is my first and it took awhile to get used to his hyper activity, but he such a good, smart and loyal dog. His second birthday is this month and for the first year and a half he went to work with me every single day!! He started going to the shop when he was 6 weeks old. :D Everyone in town knew him and brought him treats...even the Fed Ex man! :lol:

I had a "loafers table" where the guys would sit and play cards...he would sit at the table with them. He had his own chair. :lol:

He is a good dog and too smart for his own good. He very seldom leaves my side. He doesn't even want Brian kissing on me...he starts barking at him!

One time at the store someone went back and said hi to Kaity Bug. He reached down and tapped her on the arm while he talked to her. The dog went nuts!! He jumped up in the crib with Kaity and was barking at the guy to stop. :D

He is a character no doubt...and knows a bunch of tricks too!!

Rita
April 14th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Dear Jessica,

How much I feel for you and Kaity- and also feeling so helpless. My son Benjamin is 9 and has Hurler. We are amongst the lucky ones and after 7 years of waiting- Benjamin will start ERT on Friday..

Over the years I have got to know so many wonderful people with children like Kaity and Benjamin- and I have shared the pain when children are no longer with us. My thoughts are going to Kaity, you and your family. And we send you our love.

Warmest regards
Rita

Jessica
April 14th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Thank you Rita! It is so nice to have you on the forum. I wish much luck and best wishes to Benjamin as he starts ERT! I hope you can make a post in the introduction section so everyone will know more about Benjamin and your family!

Thanks again! :)
Jessica

momtoty
April 14th, 2004, 05:58 PM
Jessica,
Thanks for sharing those pictures with us. I have to agree, Kaity looks adorable in her spring outfit and hat! I am so sorry to hear Kaity is not smiling for you, that has got to be very hard.

Josh is so good looking, that is an awesome Sr Picture. Isn't it strange, having sons who are men??? My Bryson is 16, and a sophmore in highschool. Josh looks like the kind of guy Bryson would hang around with. Too bad we don't live a little closer.