PDA

View Full Version : Oxygen, Sleep Apnea, Etc.

Forands
April 1st, 2004, 04:32 PM
Max is starting Oxygen tonight when he sleeps. He has sleep apnea and low Oxygen saturation at night. Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice? I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanx, Paul

Sharon Cochenour
April 1st, 2004, 05:15 PM
Paul,
I've been there with my son. I always had to wait untill he went to sleep to slip the oxygen on and would put the pulse ox. sensor on his big toe with his socks over top. If that didn't work he got to sleep in bed with me, and he loved that. He would leave everthing alone then. He eventually learned to leave everything alone. Hope your night goes well. :)
Sharon

Tami
April 2nd, 2004, 09:29 PM
Hey Paul,

How did it go last night??????? I have a few idea's :hum: but I want to know how he did first?

Hugs,
Tami

Forands
April 3rd, 2004, 11:57 AM
Hi Tami!! Believe it or not, we didn't put the oxygen on Max the last two nights. He was hooked up to the pulse ox, and it never alarmed. I checked him at about three last night, and he was at 97. Kim and I are thinking the Zyrtec is helping a lot. I'm sure we'll need it, but it would be great if it's not all the time.

The Rea Family
April 3rd, 2004, 12:38 PM
I'm glad that things seem to be going well.

Tami
April 3rd, 2004, 09:50 PM
Hey Paul,

Yeah! :bounce: I'm glad his sat's are staying up at night. You might want to try letting him wear just the tubing before he goes to bed (Not hooked up). This way if his sats go down at night and you have to put the oxygen on he will not be scared. Try to make it fun and not like something at the hospital. Please keep us update!

Hugs,
Tami

Sharon Cochenour
April 4th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Paul. Good news no oxygen last night. :sleeping2
Hopefully Max won't need it. Andrew also seem to improve after we started him on Zyrtec and Singular and only has the oxygen and pulse oximeter in his room for the really bad stuffy nights when he is not feeling so well. :sick:
Sharon