PDA

View Full Version : MPS Code of Conduct

THEmps2mom
March 26th, 2004, 05:35 PM
This poem belongs back on the forum.

The MPS Code of Conduct

Thou must never, under any circumstances allow parent or caregiver to entice thou into a daytime nap. Should the disgraceful situation ever occur the offending parent/caregiver must be punished by at least 24 hours of sleep deprivation.

Thou must be constantly on the lookout for open doors and gates; these are invitations to forbidden pleasures and adventures.

Thou must always leap into active mode when thou hears the first tweet of a bird at sunrise. The only exception to this rule is on the first day of each school term, when a sleep-in until at least 9:00 AM is recommended.

When traveling in a car thou must always buck violently when stopped at traffic lights, this prevents the driver from becoming bored and dozing off to sleep.

There is only one correct way to empty the bath of its water and it is not pulling out the plug.

To avoid the indignity of being washed with soap, choose one of two alternatives:
a.) eat it
b.) hide it in the toilet bowl

Thou must taste-test the environment at every given opportunity. Even the stringiest leaf, grittiest mouthful of dirt, crunchiest rock and mushiest pet food will taste better than the content of thy lunchbox.

Thou art quite entitled to swipe food and drinks from others if they are within the reach of thy arm.

As a matter of self-preservation thou must save thou most charming and disarming smiles for the hours between midnight and 4:00 AM.

Thou must always remember that buttons, zippers, knobs, and switches are there for a reason, do not allow them to stay idle.

Singing at the top of thy voice, decorating the wall with crayon, and pruning the plants are highly recommended activities for Doctor's waiting rooms, thou will usually not have to wait long for attention.

Within five minutes of arrival at parks, thou must fill thy pants. Ditto, regarding arrival at swimming pools.

THEmps2mom
March 26th, 2004, 05:37 PM
I know Kraig abides by every word of the code of conduct. I have always gotten a good laugh when I read this. This is a note from the author:

HI. I am Penny Lister from Australia - author of the code of conduct. A friend brought to my attention that
it had been placed on this page. I had actually forgotten I had written it but am so pleased that it is giving MPS parents a bit of a giggle. It was written for the Australian MPS Society newsletter about four years ago when my MPS III son, Sam, was at his most hyperactive. He still adheres to some of the codes even today at age almost 11! Best wishes to all
Penny

Allimom
March 26th, 2004, 06:11 PM
[Within five minutes of arrival at parks, thou must fill thy pants.]

:lol: This is too true! Allison has ALWAYS had stinky pants at the park! It never fails...I take all of my daycare kids to the park, and half the time we have to leave because Alli had a BLOW-OUT! :lol:
By the end of last summer, we were taking a bag with a towel, change of clothes, container of wipes and some diapers with us every time we went. She is potty training now and doing really well with the pee thing, BUT earlier this week, we went to the park without our bag...and again...within 5 min we had to go home to change Alli's clothes! :roll:

Jennifer[/quote]

The Rea Family
March 26th, 2004, 06:42 PM
:lol: This is too funny! :lol:

Oshabb
March 26th, 2004, 10:20 PM
:lol: Have you been watching us?! Boy that sure sounds like our family! I am going to put that up in our journal tonight so everybody can enjoy it!

THANKS!

Laura Brodie
March 27th, 2004, 03:12 AM
Fantastic -that really made me smile :lol: Going to send it into nursery with Will! love Laura

Jessica
March 27th, 2004, 10:04 AM
:lol: Too funny!!! :lol:
I especially like the doctor's office one and laughing between midnight and 4am!!! If she had added singing the Barney song at the top of the lungs...she would have nailed Kaity!

Thanks for posting this Kris.

Sharon Cochenour
March 27th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Kris, Your poem made me laugh. :lol: Andrew hit everyone. The only thing he could of added was jumping on the bed, it doesn't even matter if it is his own. :D
Sharon

DebbieV76
March 27th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Oh Kris, what a riot! :lol:
What's so neat is that between Jon and Jason we've got everything covered!
Jon thinking that the travel soap was cheese was the highlight (lowlight) of a past vacation.
and Jason is the one you've got to watch with the food.
When there was a shortage of seats, we asked a nice older lady to join us at a continental breakfast at our hotel our recent trip. Jason promptly made her feel right at home by stealing her muffin. I felt so bad, I went right up got her a new one. He stole that one too... :whatthe?:
Never a dull moment!

kathiecan
April 14th, 2004, 02:27 PM
The MPS Code of conduct perfectly describes life with Sarah!!!!