PDA

View Full Version : recieving notice of replies

March 24th, 2004, 05:19 PM
Hey Jess,
I have the little box clicked for getting notification of replies to posts but the past few days I have not gotten any notices even though there have been replies....Am I missing something?
Misty :(

Jessica
March 24th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Hi Misty,
It will only notify you if you ask it to. For instance let's saying you are watching the Disney topic. At the bottom of each topic it has a link that you click that says: Watch this topic for replies. If you click on that link then you will get reply notifications for that topic. It won't send you a notice for every topic unless you click each link on every single topic. Are you confused now? :D

Hope this helps! :)
Jess

March 25th, 2004, 09:13 AM
Jess,
I think I was doing that :? anyway my computer must have been feeling under the weather or something cause when I got up this morning there were a billion (give or take a few) of posts replies.
Thanks, Misty :D

Jessica
March 25th, 2004, 09:50 AM
So it does send you an email every time a post is made? :? Wow! That could turn into a lot of mail as much as we all yack! :D

March 25th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Yes it does......but it insures me that I will not miss anything anyone says, Im nosey like that :lol:
Misty

Sheila George
May 19th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Jess,

The last couple of days I have stopped receiving my e-mails notifying me of replies to topics. I can manage without them :) , but thought I would let you know it is occuring again.

Jessica
May 19th, 2004, 09:58 AM
:frown: Hummm...I wonder why all the glitches all of a sudden??

BECCA!!!!! :cry:

Vibe
May 19th, 2004, 01:34 PM
I dont get the emails me either... I dont really need them but it's easier to see when someone is answered the topics I've written.

From Vibeke.

Jessica
May 19th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Vibe,
You have to select the "watch topic for replies" button after you make a post in order to get mail. Did you do that?

Vibe
May 19th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Yes I do that. But I dont get the emails...

From vibeke.

Jessica
May 19th, 2004, 05:18 PM
:? humm...Okay I'm going to try it and see if it works. I've never used this feature! You guys will have to post here so I can see if it works.

Sheila George
May 19th, 2004, 06:43 PM
ok, Jess, here is your test post.

Jessica
May 19th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Welp...didn't work for me either. :D

When I replied to my post there is a little box that says this:
Notify me when a reply is posted
And I put a check mark in that box. Is that how you guys are doing it?

DebbieV76
May 19th, 2004, 08:58 PM
And I put a check mark in that box. Is that how you guys are doing it?
Yep, that's how I do it too. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Doesn't appear to be a rhyme or reason. But hey, computers have that right don't they? :lol:

Jessica
May 21st, 2004, 11:20 AM
We have tried diligently to determine the cause of not getting emails. Iím not even getting email now when I get a Private Message and Iíve always received them in the past!!
We just really donít know how to fix it!! :cry: