PDA

View Full Version : Disney Cruise

3coolkidsmom
March 18th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Laynie (10 with Hurler-Scheie) is almost ready to make her wish with Make -a-Wish. She would like to go on the Disney Cruise but she would like it better if the boat never left the dock. Has anyone elso done this and did your child get seasick?

THEmps2mom
March 18th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Amy, I've never been on the Disney cruise, but my mom took Chelsey on the Disney cruise twice (isn't she a lucky little girl!!!). Anyway, they loved it and had a blast. No one got seasick.

The Merrell's went on a Disney cruise, it was one of the boys wish through MAW (I think Cody's). I'm sure Vicki could give you lots of information.

Alicemm
March 19th, 2004, 11:26 AM
Amy,

That's cool that Laynie has picked her wish! I just wanted to say that I finally got the courage up to take a cruise with my daughter last spring. I get motion sickness at the drop of a hat! I had the prescription patches with me "just in case" but I never used them and never felt queasy during the trip. Boats are so big and stable these days that its just not that big of an issue, I think. Avoid the hurricane season if at all possible though!

Good luck!
Alice

March 19th, 2004, 01:01 PM
OK everyone here goes another silly question from me....
I have heard of the make a wish foundation but what is it exactly? and how does it work? :?
Misty

The Rea Family
March 19th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Amy,
I hope that Laynie thoroughly enjoys her wish.
Misty,
The Make A Wish Foundation grants wishes for children up to age 18 who are suffering from a life threatening illness or injury.
You can visit them on the web at http://www.wish.org .

Tami
March 19th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Yeah for Laynie!!!!! Good pick baby!!!

I think she will be fine also!!!!!!!! The ships are great and if she's like my kids, and get car sick, she will do much better, on the ship...... Just have some "good stuff" in case she does get sick!

I just broke down and put in a request for Sami. I found it to be the hardest thing. I always figured ERT would come and the kids would be fine. When Sami started chemo I just couldn't let her deal with everything with out something to look forward to...... Since I couldn't afford a trip to FL to swim with the dolphins I contacted Make a Wish.

I was enjoying denial (damm it :( ).... When the letter came back, I had a good cry and then let her enjoy the thought of a wish.

I hope Laynie has the greatest time!!!!!!!! I have friends who have done the DC and they loved it!!!!!! So have a great time!!!!

Hugs,
Tami

Sharon Cochenour
March 20th, 2004, 09:07 PM
Amy
I have never been on a disney cruise, but would love to one day. I have several friends who went with thier children who got car sick, but did fine on the cruise. I quess there is so many things to do the kids don't have time to be sick.
Sharon

March 23rd, 2004, 06:56 PM
Amy,

It has taken me a few years to finally call MAW. I actually called about 2 years ago and got a phone call back immediately, but never called back because I didn't think we should have been part of MAW either. After many people asking over the years about us doing a MAW I decided to call again and actually have an appointment with our wishgranters next Wednesday. We have thought about the Disney Cruise as well. Since Cameron can't really tell us what he would like we have put different things together and come up with the cruise. He loves planes which we will probably have to fly somewhere to dock out. He loves boats and water and fish. My brother actually took his family on one a couple of years ago and there were many families from MAW on board. He said the activities for special needs children were endless. What a wonderful organization to do things like this for our children.

Monica Green