PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Ideas for Spring Break?

Rebecca
March 4th, 2004, 09:09 AM
:? I want to go to the beach this year for spring break but do not want to go to Florida with all the teenagers. We have thought about Savanna Georgia but worry it is too far for three kids in a vehicle :whatthe?: Even though I tell everyone that my kids are :angel: 's. Cramped up in a car for too long is a nightmare! :scared :scared :scared

Does anyone have any ideas?

Jessica
March 4th, 2004, 09:59 AM
Mrytl Beach!! (did I spell that right?) or anywhere in North Carolina is nice! Maybe even South Carolina. It would take you about 12-13 hours but you can always stop half way!

zachiesmom
March 4th, 2004, 11:30 AM
Well, we are going to Baltimore, MD to attend the ISMRD conference because they have just recently included I-cell and pseudo-hurler polydystrophy to thier organization, since the disease is more rare than the top 7 types of MPS they figured they could help push interest in getting more research. Yaaayyyyyyyyyy! :) So it's going to be informational but it will definitely be a nice break from the winter we have had here and which I'm sure will last til May! Two years ago, it was still snowing on Mother's Day! :mad: Anyway, that's where we are headed, not very exotic but at least it's a change!! :)

Brenda

Rebecca
March 4th, 2004, 01:14 PM
I am going for a cub scout camp training near Cumberland Falls, Kentucky the weekend before Spring break begins. So from there is wont be too bad of a straight drive to the beach.

The kids want to see the ocean. I thought about the gulf side of Florida at the top but dont really know what all is there. I would love to see Savanah, Georgia. Charlie (my hubby) says it is beautiful.

:nerd: but I wont be able to read for ten days.....the forum will take off! :D

zachiesmom
March 6th, 2004, 05:05 PM
OHHHHHHHHH Rebecca,
I have always wanted to go to Savannah, in fact that's where I wanted to go on our honeymoon! We didn't though :cry: Is that where you are going to take the kids to see the ocean? GO!!! Take pictures!!! I'll have my dream honeymoon vicariously through you!!!!! :lol:

:D Brenda

Rebecca
March 7th, 2004, 09:37 AM
:8): I think you could fit in my suitcase!!

I would love to go there...... that is where I am pushing for even if for just a couple of days.

I think it would be so :cool:

momtoty
March 9th, 2004, 06:52 PM
I have to agree with Jessica, Myrtle Beach is a favorite vacation spot for my family. The boys especially love the Nascar park and cafe. That is about the only "non-beachy" thing we do, as there is alot of stuff on the main strip, it could keep you away from the beach for your whole vacation, :whatthe?: and it could break the bank! So we do the beach and save up for one day at Nascar.
Good luck planning, I hope you have a great vacation wherever you go! :Party: