PDA

View Full Version : Log in question

THEmps2mom
March 3rd, 2004, 05:52 PM
Hey Jess, I suppose I can set it to automatically keep me logged in when I pull up the forum, but I haven't done that yet. My question is this . . . . when I do log into the forum, I enter my user name and password, hit log in, then it always takes me to a "can not find" type page. When I click back on the forum address, I get back to the forum and I show logged in, but why does it do this? WEIRD?!?!?!?!

Sheila George
March 3rd, 2004, 05:57 PM
That has happened to me, too, when for some reason it did not automatically log me in and I had to log in.

Jessica
March 3rd, 2004, 05:59 PM
It does the same thing to my sister Rebecca! She was okay till she deleted all of her cookies in her cookie files!! Now it does it to her every single time! And believe me, she hasn't been happy about it! I guess it is a glitch in the cookie settings on the forum. I went and looked at them and it looked very complicated.

I read on one of the Administrator forums that some guy was having the same problem on his site. He went into the Administrator section of his forum and changed the cookies. Well guess what? He couldn't log in and he was the Administrator! He had to build a whole new site. I got scared after reading that and backed quickly out of the "cookie setting" section. :D

I would just stay logged in Kris...it is so much easier. I've only logged in once since we opened!

Sheila George
March 3rd, 2004, 06:00 PM
I don't blame you Jessica, I would have backed away, too!! :)

THEmps2mom
March 3rd, 2004, 06:31 PM
I'll just stay logged in from now on. I just got a new computer and have been messing around with it, transferring files and settings from my old computer.

Jessica
March 3rd, 2004, 06:59 PM
Oh boy, a new computer!! Lucky dog. Mine was really nice when I bought it almost 10 years ago!!!! It is ancient but has been rebuilt with all the latest commodities. I should have taken the money it cost me to rebuild it and put it on a new one! I just about croaked when I got that bill! :whatthe?:

Maybe one day I'll get me a new one, but as long as it's still kickin', I guess I'll keep it.

The Rea Family
March 12th, 2004, 12:10 PM
Jessica,
I have a problem.
Yesterday, my computer went down, and I had to completely reformat.
After doing this, when I came to visit the forum, I logged in, put a check in the box to log me in automatically, but its not, i'm having to keep logging in each time I visit.
Can you help?

THEmps2mom
March 12th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Carrie, after I checked the "keep me logged in" box, I still had to log in a few times, too. But now I stay logged in. :?

Jessica
March 12th, 2004, 01:46 PM
It will probably do the same for you too Carrie...eventually. What happnes when you re-format, or delete files and cookies, you wipe out all of the passwords your computer has saved.

Try it a few more times and hopefully it will start logging you in!