PDA

View Full Version : MPS Awareness Ribbons

Alicemm
February 25th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Hello all,

I just wanted to post a notice here on our WONDERFUL new forum regarding the Awareness Ribbons. I intend to continue wearing mine throughout the year for awareness. They are a great conversation starter! If anyone wants ribbons, or needs more just email me with your address at alicemarie@bellsouth.net .

Thanks Jessica, for all your hard work on this forum!

Alice

Paulina Jump
February 26th, 2004, 08:49 AM
Thanks Alice for the ribbon's. Everyone ask if they could wear theirs all the time, i said of course you can. Paulina

Barbara Pryor
February 26th, 2004, 10:16 AM
Alice,
Thanks for the ribbons. We all wore them yesterday. I had my MPS shirt on with the ribbon. My friend who works at the bank wore one and got a lot of people asking questions and she is wearing it again today. I am wearing mine again today with my other MPS shirt since I am going to the children's hospital and maybe I will get a lot of questions asked then too.

zachiesmom
February 28th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Hi Alice,
Thank you soooo much for the ribbons you also sent me, I too plan on wearing mine all year long!! My whole family and neighbor's too were wearing them on Wednesday and got plenty of conversations started with them. In fact, my husband who was three thousand miles away on a business trip was wearing his at his yearly managemnet meeting when his company president asked about the MPS org. so with any luck, maybe we generated some much needed corporate donations!!! Fingers crossed!!! Thanks so much!!! Brenda

The Rea Family
March 4th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Alice,
Thanks so much for the ribbons :) .
I just received them today :D .
I put one on my purse, and my husband put one on his cowboy hat, that way, we'll always have them on us :) .

Priscilla Raftery
March 4th, 2004, 09:00 PM
I just sent an email to Alice ~ :whatthe?: I don't know what ribbons you all are talking about :? I feel kinda stupid :nerd: Priscilla

Jessica
March 4th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Me either Priscilla! I was wondering if there was a way of posting a picture of the ribbon? Maybe that would help sales. Do you have a picture on-line of the ribbon Alice? I will upload it and put it on the forum if you do!

Sheila George
March 4th, 2004, 11:12 PM
Hello all,

I have purple MPS Awareness Ribbons to wear on MPS Day, or all year long! I am wearing mine with the black and brass MPS Lapel pin and have received many positive comments on it. If you would like to have some awareness ribbons, email me at alicemarie@bellsouth.net and let me know how many you want and I'll get them in the mail to you ASAP!

Alice

This is the original post from Alice about the ribbons, it was on the old forum. I think she posted it shortly before we moved.

THEmps2mom
March 4th, 2004, 11:13 PM
The ribbons are like the pink breast cancer ribbon, only for MPS Awareness they are dark purple. They look like this: http://www.condorcreations.com/stock/images/aware-purple-115.jpg

That is actually a pin, the ribbons Alice sent out were fabric. You can take the MPS lapel pin and wear it with the ribbon, it looks very nice. I sent in several of the MPS ribbons with Kraig to school on MPS Awareness Day, he passed them out around his school. When I came in that afternoon and was checking in at the office, the principal, assist. principal and all 3 secretaries were wearing their ribbons. My daughter was feelling a little left out, so I printed up MPS Awareness stickers and she passed those out to her class along with a treat, her teacher then had her read the sheet about MPS. Kraig's teacher read Ethan's Feeling Switch to his class and each student made special Kraig buttons. Each button had a picture of Kraig and then they colored and wrote their own message, like "I Love Kraig" or "Kraig's Friend".

Jessica
March 4th, 2004, 11:30 PM
Thanks Kris!

Sharon Cochenour
March 5th, 2004, 12:53 AM
Kris
That is so nice of Kraig's school. I made copies of the paper Alice sent explaining the syndromes, and went to the fabric store and cut our own ribbons and Andrew's entire school wore them that day. We also sent in suckers that I bought every cheap after Valentine's day and had made flyers saying that it was National MPS Day and to help us lick MPS. That went over well, even my work all wore their ribbons. They kept saying we to sell the sucker to raise money for research. :)
That made me think of that as a fundraising/ increasing awarness project for the future.

Sharon

Alicemm
March 5th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Hi,

Kris, thanks for providing such a good explanation! I have ordered more ribbons, they are free of charge to MPS families, just let me know your address and how many you want. I'm glad to hear that people are wearing them!

Alice
alicemarie@bellsouth.net

Sheila George
March 5th, 2004, 06:02 PM
I got mine in the mail today. Thank you Alice!! They look very nice.

Raines Family
March 13th, 2004, 07:23 PM
my name is Marty and I'm new here to the forum and I'm interested in the ribbons. Can you tell me where we can get some also for my daughters school,family and friends. I would love for everyone to be interested in something they have never heard of and maybe we can start something new. Thanks :)

Sheila George
March 13th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Marty,

If you e-mail Alice and tell her how many you want she will send them to you. You can probably get her e-mail address from her post.

Mom to Tess
March 13th, 2004, 09:16 PM
We also made our own ribbons with purple and white ribbons and a pearl bead in the middle. I had them in a basket with a picture of Tess and a little information about MPS framed next to it. I put it at the "Curves" in our town (where I exercise). The owner approached me last week to say there had been so much interest about MPS that they are now raffling off two Easter baskets, with the proceeds to go to MPS. The most wonderful feeling was going into our local grocery store or other place and seeing complete strangers wearing their pins. It is nice to know so many people care!