PDA

View Full Version : snow.....in texas?!?!?

Keara
February 24th, 2004, 02:27 PM
so weird Texas weather has struck again. It snowed for 2 days straight a week and a half ago, and then 2 days after that right when my roommate's brother got off the bus and crashed for 12 hours on our living room floor, he woke up to see the sky totally brown, a lovely dust storm, welcome to Texas! lol and today it is snowing hard and we are suppossed to get 4-6 inches, and there's already an inch on the ground after an hour and a half of straight fluffy white downpour.

just had to share this strange phenomenom with everyone else before it disappears and my world turns dry sunny and windy again and pretends snow was never here lol

Keara
http://www.caringbridge.org/tx/dabrat

Jessica
February 24th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Just keep the 'white stuff' in Texas Keara!

We've been enjoying a little bit of sunshine and we don't want anymore snow! I know what will happen though. It will probably blow right up to Indiana next. :?

Sheila George
February 24th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Gotta love that Texas weather huh, Keara. We don't get snow but we get other extremes here in the Houston area. The saying around here is if you don't like weather, wait 5 minutes, it will change. :lol:

Laura Brodie
February 24th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Snow is forecast here (Birmingham-England) tomorow or overnight-Soz But I love it! so does Will! although the last time it took us 2 hours for what is normally a 10 min journey we're just not used to it over here! Love LAURA

Rebecca
February 25th, 2004, 12:56 AM
Winter I have to admit is one of my favorite seasons.....I can put more clothes on to get warm!!!

I can honestly say I hate it when it is too hot! I can not publically take off my clothes to be cooler! 8) Wouldnt I scare everyone to death!!! :shock:

Priscilla Raftery
February 25th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Yay! I've found a new friend in Rebecca! I can not stand to be hot! I drive my family nuts, turning down the thermostat in the winter. I tell them they can always add a layer of clothes, but I can only take off so much :roll: ! By the way, I thought Mark Twain said "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute" about us here in New England... :?:

Sharon Cochenour
February 25th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Kerea
I do like a little snow, but it is sunny and almost 60 were I live. Yesterday we had a little snow and my youngest wanted to build a snowman, I told him to wait untill tomarrow. He woke up this morning and kept asking what happened to the snow. That is crazy southern Ohio weather.
Sharon

Keara
February 25th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Today its warmer but there is still about 4 inches or so of snow banked up on the grass. By the end pu this week it will go up into the 60s and people will never believe it snowed here lol

I used to tell people when that you can always pile more clothes on in winter, but in the summer there is only so far you can go til your naked. Of course spring and fall are still my favorite seasons:) if i could live where it was sunny all year and only between 50-70 degrees i'd be perfectly happy:D

Keara
http://www.caringbridge.org/tx/dabrat

The Rea Family
February 26th, 2004, 11:40 PM
Keara,
I'll trade you weather for a day.
I'm in Florida. The weather is so fickle here this time of year.
It's been rainy and gloomy for the past few days.
I've never seen snow, except on TV.
It might be a nice change of pace.
Only temporarily.

Carrie