PDA

View Full Version : E-mail notifications about posts to a topic

Sheila George
February 24th, 2004, 10:33 AM
Jessica,

Last night and today when I receive an e-mail notifying me of a response to topic, the link in the e-mail does not work, but if I go to my link saved in favorites the forum comes up, so I know that it is not my internet connection or that the site is down. Any ideas?

Rebecca
February 24th, 2004, 10:54 AM
I will check into it......

I had started getting the emails too and went into my Profile and turned them off because I was getting so many.

I actually did not ever click on the links :? I will try then and see.

I found that when I am away for a time and I think that I am no longer logged in, that I actually am still logged in. When I try to log in it sends me to msn search. :shock: When this happens I go back to the index page and refresh! They it says I am logged in!! 8)

I am working on the problem too! :D

Cynthia Anhalt
February 24th, 2004, 10:54 AM
I had the same problem Sheila!
Cynthia

Cynthia Anhalt
February 24th, 2004, 10:57 AM
Thanks Rebecca! We must have been posting at the same time, your message wan't there before I posted my reply to Sheila!! Thanks! The forum looks great, Thanks for all of your hard work to make this happen!
Cynthia

Jessica
February 24th, 2004, 11:37 AM
I don't really know Sheila because I have that featured turned off. I get so many emails as it is. :shock:

We will look into it though!

Sheila George
February 24th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Okay thanks. It worked just fine the first few days so who knows?? :)

Steve Holland
March 7th, 2004, 12:06 AM
Jessica,

In the email I received, it listed "http://" twice in the link. By putting it in twice, of course it didn't work.

Steve

Sheila George
March 7th, 2004, 01:02 AM
Steve,

Thanks for noticing that, I never paid attention to that before, but that is what it says on my e-mails too. That explains why it doesn't work.

Jessica
March 7th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Ahhhh haaaa! :D
Thanks guys!

Jessica
March 9th, 2004, 09:41 AM
Sheila and Steve!
Rebecca fixed the link problem and it should work for you now!

Jessica

Sheila George
March 9th, 2004, 09:56 AM
Thanks, Rebecca!! It worked just fine this morning.

Rebecca
March 9th, 2004, 10:03 AM
:bounce: I fixed it!!

:rofl: (and you guys thought the hyperness was was a MPS trait!) I think it runs in the family here!!! :D

rickys1mom
March 12th, 2004, 02:00 AM
This seems to be the problem I was having in logging in ( the double http) so I haven't been able to post in a while. Glad you were able to fix it Becca! Thanks.
Anita

Jessica
March 12th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Anita has been trying to get in for a week now!! I sure hope others weren't turned away because of this error. :frown: Oh well, perhaps they will be stubborn like Anita and keep trying. :D

I'm glad you made it!! Now, for the chat room test!