PDA

View Full Version : Why this forum is so great!!!

zachiesmom
February 22nd, 2004, 03:45 PM
Hello everyone,
I thought I'd be bold and start a new topic to get things rolling. I know a lot of us have already said this but this is a new site and it needs to be christened properly :!: So in my opinion, this is why this forum is great;

As I have said before, this website has completely changed my everyday life! Before I found this, we had been fumbling along for months since our son's diagnosis, not having a clue of what to do for him or who to talk to about it and then someone sent me here. From the first day I logged on, the lonesome scary nights were replaced with kind understanding words of encouragement from all over the country!! I can not believe that I made it so long on my own without this new wonderful family for which I can not live a day without now! Thank you Jessica AGAIN for all of your hard work and most of all the Love that you put into this site that we all definitely feel when we are here!!!!!
Sincerely, Brenda, John & Zachie Haggett

Sheila George
February 22nd, 2004, 03:53 PM
When I finally logged on to this forum a little over 3 years ago I was feeling the same way Brenda felt. It was so comforting to read all the posts with information about the many problems we had been experiencing with Shelby and there were answers, explanations, suggestions or just the feeling that it was all part of the syndrome and it wasn't our bad parenting or something else that was causing all the problems. We were finally able to relax, sit back and enjoy our daughter. Don't get me wrong there was a lot of sadness, too, but the relief was very welcomed and brought some peace to our family.

Keara
February 22nd, 2004, 05:11 PM
When i was 19 years old and very new to the internet and in my first year of college, i wanted to find a place online where i would feel accepted and welcome and where if i needed to vent, (which i did a lot when i first came here ) people would understand instead of critisizing me. I went to a lot of places where i was rejected and pretty much told to shove off, and even though i wasnt sure i fit in here at first, i can't see my life without this place. I've fallne in love with your children i stop by here everytime i come online just to see how your kids are. It's like having a huge family that i've never met in person. And even if i met parents of a child without MPS i think i would still tell them to come here because this place rocks!! Thank you for being a place of understanding, of hope and of friendship.

(((((hugs))))
Keara

http://www.caringbridge.org/tx/dabrat

Jessica
February 23rd, 2004, 01:16 PM
Thank you guys!

I don't know what I would do without every single person on this board. It has given me a sense of worth to work here. It helps me to know that I'm contributing in some small way to MPS members and their families and bringing us all closer together.

The Rea Family
February 27th, 2004, 01:22 PM
This forum has been a God send to me since I first heard of MPS the day before Thanksgiving 2003.
Christopher has not yet been diagnosed, and yet everyone here has been so kind, and understanding while we go through this long process.
I can't imagine my life without this forum, and all of the wonderful people who are there for me whenever I need someone.
Thank you.

Carrie